Gap insurance pays the difference between the Declared Value* at the start of the policy and what motor insurers pay for a total loss.
- Cover write off's from Fire, Theft, Accident (Fault or Non Fault)
- Cover available for cars, motorcycles (500cc or over) and light commercial vehicles up to 3500kg
- Cover is available on vehicles up to 5 years old and with up to 80,000 miles at the date of policy purchase
- Cover available for 1, 2 or 3 years
- Covers up to £250 motor insurance excess in a claim
- Maximum payout is up to an impressive £15,000
- Cover is available on vehicles up to £50,000 value at date of policy purchase
- Up to £500,000 vehicles are declared a "write off" each year
- Your vehicle is depreciating every second
- A vehicle is stolen every 120 seconds in the UK
- Motor Insurers will pay only the depreciated value at the time of a claim
- There is a motor insurance claim every 8 seconds of every working day
- Vehicle key theft during house robberies has almost doubled in the past 3 years
- No need to borrow additional amounts to replace vehicles with a similar model
- Can help to settle any outstanding finance or loans, thus helping maintain a positive credit rating
- Can help keep important hard earned savings intact as these often have to be withdrawn to help bridge the depreciation or deposit "GAPS"
*If taken out within 1 month of the purchase of the vehicle, this may with certain insurers be the invoice value. Alternatively insurers can use the market value of the vehicle at the inception of the gap policy.
Call us on 0161 480 0170 .. our office is OPEN right now. (Get the answers you need from an expert now.)
If you prefer, use the enquiry form on this page and we'll call you back at your convenience (be sure to leave a number we can contact you on).