Motor trade insurance
Motor trade insurance provides protection for anyone working with motor vehicles and /or trailers; from car dealers and salesman to MOT mechanics and motor traders. Insurance policies for the motor trade are tailored to specific business needs and there is a menu of insurance covers available from road risks to internal risks and liability.
Metcalfe Insurance Services' road risk traders insurance covers business vehicles allowing them to be on the road and to trade legally. Combined policies provide cover for every aspect of your business, including: material damage, business interruption, public / employers' liability and goods in transit.
Most insurance companies will allow transfers over a private car no claims bonus.
Most important policy factors:
- Type of cover
- Excesses required
- Vehicle restrictions
- Number of Drivers and use required
- Motor insurance database
- Use abroad
- Use of trailers
- Business premises cover
Road Risks Cover includes some or all of the following:
- Vehicles owned, hired or leased to the policy holder
- Vehicles in the custody or control of the policy holder
- Any driver or restricted/named drivers
- Vehicles loaned to customers
- Vehicles temporarily hired to customers
- Trailers whilst attached
- Use of trade plates
Internal Risks include:
- Public Products Liability including defective workmanship and parts
- Employers Liability
- Yours and customers vehicles on your premises
- Property damage to buildings, machinery, stock and contents
- Damage to tools and effects (yours and employees)
- Inspection of pressure and lifting plant as required by statute
- Loss of money and theft by employee
- Business interruption and loss of profit
- Denial of access
- Engineering damage and consequential loss for key items of plant
- Vehicles at other traders premises
- Goods in transit
- For new and used vehicle sales, wrongful conversion and access to our gap product
Where required we can also add other covers such as Professional Indemnity to the package.
Enquire & we'll call you back
Use the enquiry form on this page and we'll call you back at your convenience during office hours (be sure to leave a number we can contact you on).